For commercial growers and agribusinesses
Two locations – Different things to see at both sites:
• 9:30 a.m. at OSCIA demonstration site – 400m west of 911# 10708 Northwood Rd. between the Mull and Harwich Roads –Look for solar panel.
• 11:00 a.m. across the road of 911# 20701 Victoria Rd (formally 21 Hwy), north of Gosnell Line (Near Ridgetown).
Lunch provided after the tour
• No cost. No preregistration required. CCA credits have been applied for
• Missed last year’s Open House – Come see cover crop growth this year
• Worth the extra cost? – Compare oilseed radish common vs. named varieties
• Cover crops were planted after tomatoes, snap beans, sweet corn and seed corn
• Many different cover crops (alfalfa, red clover, vetch, crimsom clover, forage pea, oilseed radish, mustard, ryegrass, as well as mixtures)
•Funding provided by OSCIA Nutrient Management BMP Demonstration Grant, Seed Corn Growers of Ontario and OMAFRA.
For more information, contact Prof. Laura Van Eerd at University of Guelph Ridgetown Campus at 519 674-1500 x63644 firstname.lastname@example.org http://bit.ly/sk7pYJ