New environmental cost-share funding opportunities are available for the 2012 cropping year for commercial greenhouse, landscape nursery and vegetable farms including ginseng. The funding is through a special project associated with the Canada-Ontario Environmental Farm Plan and supports the development of best management practices to protect water quality.
Funding support includes the following:
– runoff control projects
– buffer strip establishment in riparian areas
– tile water treatment systems
– improved pesticide management with support for equipment modifications to increase accuracy of applications
– nutrient use efficiency projects including recycling and treatment systems
– water efficiency projects including reduced wash water volumes and low volume irrigation systems
The cost-share is between 30 and 50% depending on the BMP Category with a cap between $5,000 and $20,000. The program begins on July 19 and projects must be completed by the end of 2012.
For more information contact:
Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association