The OHGA 2013 Summer Hop Yard Tour will be held in Eastern Ontario this year on Saturday, July 27 at Tribal Hops in Iroquois, Ontario (southwest of Ottawa). Hugo Desrocher, will be giving a tour of his new hop yard. Also on the agenda is an introduction to the refractometer and its importance to hop growing, a mobile hop picker demonstration, plus learn about Houblon Quebec – a hop growing cooperative in the Thetford Mines area of Quebec. Everyone welcome!
Location: 1639 Waddell Rd Iroquois, ON, KOE 1K0
Time: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Pot Luck, BBQ and Camping (RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tickets $10 per person. Hamburgers and Hot Dogs will be provided, please bring a pot luck item to round out the menu and some refreshment to share and sample.
- 11:00 A.M. Welcome / Introduction – Nicholas Schaut.
- 11:30 A.M. – 12:45 P.M. Hop Yard Tour, Hugo Desrochers, owner, Tribal Hops.
- 1:00 A.M. Introduction to the Refractometer and its importance to hop growing, Josh Biemond, New Care Farms
- 2:30 PM, Mobile Hop Picker demonstration, Daniel Sabourin, Nation Hops
- 4:00 PM Houblon Quebec – Hop Growing Cooperative, Frederick Faucher (PowerPoint Presentation), a hop growers cooperative associated with the Cégep de Thetford status.
- 5:30 PM – Pot-luck, BBQ and beer tasting (eastern Ontario beers)
Camping available for those who have too far to drive and wish to stay overnight.
Please RSVP your interest in attending to: email@example.com or email Gail Winters @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate number in your party, whether you intend to camp over and maybe a pot-luck item – if you know in advance.