No cost. Join part or all of tour. No pre-registration required. CCA credits requested.
9:00 am: 9545 Cedar Hedge Line, Co-operator – Joseph Tomecek
- St. Clair Region S&CIA project Cover crop mixtures after wheat (late August planting)
9:50 am: 13495 Jane Street, near Thamesville. Co-operator – Dave Sherman
- St Clair Region S&CIA project Cover crop mixtures trial after wheat (early August planted)
10:45 am: Ridgetown Campus, Univeristy of Guelph
- Leaving from Willson Hall to tour the campus plots
- Darren Robinson – herbicide carryover/cover crop research
- David Hooker – long term crop rotations with red clover cover crops
- Laura Van Eerd
- dos and DON’Ts for crimson clover
- long(er) term cover crop plots
- straw and stover removal – can cover crops help?
- soil health in Ontario’s long- term tillage and crop rotation experiments.
- cover crop planting date and next year’s yield
1 pm: Lunch provided at the University of Guelph – Ridgetown Campus, Willson Hall
For more information, contact Anne Verhallen, OMAFRA
Ridgetown 519-674-1614 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding provided by OSCIA Regional Project Grant and: