OGGA and OMAFRA will be providing an update on ginseng replant disease research to interested ginseng growers on Tuesday, Dec. 1 at 1:00 pm in the Simcoe Research Station Auditorium. This meeting will follow the Ginseng Pesticide and Research Prioritization Meeting, which will be held from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm that morning. Lunch will be provided for those interested in staying for both meetings.
The update will feature the following:
- The overall research plan and progress to date
- Results of a survey of ginseng fields treated with different fumigants (chloropicrin, metam-sodium and Telone)
- Effects of fumigants and biofumigants on replant disease
- Effects of biofungicides on ginseng diseases
- Comparison of soil fungi in replant vs non-replant sites
- Effects of ginseng wash-water on disease pressures in ginseng
This will be followed by a discussion and Q&A period.
If you intend to join us for lunch, please RSVP to the OGGA office by email to email@example.com