By Jennifer Jarvis, Stakeholder Communications and Marketing Advisor, OMAFRA
Give your company a competitive edge – take free eLearning courses to learn more about industry best practices and to be more competitive in the marketplace!
Access the new Food Safety and Traceability eLearning courses online on the Agriculture and Food Education in Ontario online learning system through the University of Guelph, Ridgetown Campus.
The new Traceability eLearning courses show how good practices can:
- maximize productivity, improve business efficiency, reduce costs and improve business processes
- be used to increase competitive advantage by accessing new markets
- improve supply chain management
The new Food Safety eLearning courses will help you to:
- identify food safety hazards that can occur in your operation
- understand best practices and develop programs to control these hazards
- decrease the likelihood of food safety hazards that can lead to a foodborne illness outbreak or product recall
Visit the University of Guelph website to register for a FREE account. Then simply log in and begin learning – wherever and whenever is convenient for you! Accessible versions of the courses are available. For more information, contact the University of Guelph, Ridgetown Campus at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-674-1500 ext. 63295.
Do you prefer classroom-based learning? Food Safety and Traceability courses and workshops are still offered by the Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association (OSCIA). Visit their website for the dates and locations of upcoming in-person opportunities.
Online course development was funded through Growing Forward 2, a federal-provincial-territorial initiative that encourages innovation, competitiveness and market development in Canada’s agri-food and agri-products sector.