Registration is OPEN for the 2019 Great Ontario Hopped Craft Beer Competition!
Visit us at our new website www.onhops.ca for rules, style description, and to register online!
18 spots available – First come first served.
This year’s beer style is New England India Pale Ale (NEIPA).
The Overall Impression cites the NEIPA as…”An American IPA with intense fruit flavours and aromas, a soft body, and smooth mouthfeel, and often opaque with substantial haze. Less perceived bitterness than traditional IPAs but always massively hop forward. This emphasis on late hopping, especially dry hopping, with hops with tropical fruit qualities lends the specific ‘juicy’ character for which this style is known.”
Important New Changes: This year some new rules and changes have been implemented based on competitor feedback and ongoing administration requirements, including:
- New, mobile-friendly website
- Streamlined on-line registration process
- Strict adherence to competition deadlines. Submissions MUST be complete and on-time or they will be ineligible.
- Return of Live Scoring for audience
- Ontario malted-grain exhibition area
- 2019 beer style will be NEIPA
The competition will take place on February 20, 2019, 2-4 pm in Ballroom C of the
Scotiabank Convention Centre, 6815 Stanley Avenue, Niagara Falls, ON
For full competition details, registration forms, deadlines, etc. please visit the new GOHCBC website!