- RT @EvanElford: Wishing @FisherPam all the best in her retirement from #OMAFRA. Ontario's losing the 'berry' best fruit specialist #ontag… 4 months ago
- Listening to a discussion on local food entrepreneurship with CarpeDiemFarms, Cooper CSA and @durhamfarmfresh #DurhamRegion @CPuterbough 5 months ago
- Great info about product development at Durham's Local Food Entrepreneurship Workshop @durhamfarmfresh @CPuterbough https://t.co/9NXFDchKX0 5 months ago
- RT @FisherPam: Bringing hops home...thanks Laurie @clearvalleyhops. Great tour stop with Great Lakes Fruit Workers. https://t.co/dkfJgHDzTm 5 months ago
- Check and re-check that haskap bird netting! bit.ly/1thpa0d #haskap #nethaskapsearly #replaceoldnetting https://t.co/V985KGI6FK 10 months ago
Have your say
ONspecialtycrops topicsall specialty crops Application Technology Basil Bioeconomy Biomass bitter melon blue mold Competitions Conferences cost of production Cover crops culinary herb Diseases Disorders Downy Mildew events Fertility Field day Food safety Frost Fumigation Funding Programs Fungicide Ginseng GOHCBC goji Good Agricultural Practices grubs Haskap hazelnut Herbicide carryover herbs Hops Hops pest management Identification Industrial crops Insects Irrigation Lavender Marketing Medicinal herb mulch Pawpaw pest control Pest Control Product List Pest Control Products Pesticide pesticides Pest Management Pests Powdery Mildew programs Pruning Quinoa Registration Registrations Regulations Research Resources sea buckthorn seeds site selection Specialty Berries Specialty Fruit Specialty grains Specialty Vegetables Summer Student Jobs Surveys sweet potato tobacco tobacco blue mold Training Tree Nuts Webinar Workshops
Tag Archives: all specialty crops
By Jennifer Jarvis – Stakeholder Communications and Marketing Advisor, OMAFRA We’re excited to let you know about the latest updates that we made to the Agricultural Information Atlas (AIA). What is the AIA? It’s the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural … Continue reading
You grow ginseng or a specialty crop and have done so for years. But if challenged can you prove your good work? Good Agriculture and Collection Practices are a HACCP based On Farm Food Safety Program that was built by … Continue reading
The Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Convention (OFVC) will be held February 22 and 23, 2017 at the Scotiabank Convention Centre in Niagara Falls (www.ofvc.ca). There are many general and specific topics that may be of interest to specialty crop growers. … Continue reading
From OMAFRA Stakeholder Communications: Did you know? Faulty electrical systems cause approximately 40 per cent of barn fires with a determined cause, making it one of the leading known causes of barn fires. What can you do?
The Region of Durham’s Economic Development Department, in conjunction with the Township of Brock Economic Development Advisory Committee and OMAFRA, are hosting an informative workshop for local food entrepreneurs hoping to expand their business. Date: Thursday, November 17, 2016 Time: … Continue reading
Thank you for subscribing to ONspecialtycrops. Help us to improve our service to you by providing feedback which will be used to direct our focus for the upcoming year. This should take one to three minutes of your time. Click … Continue reading
Many specialty crop growers add value to their product through on-farm processing. A new two-day workshop available this November will help guide producers through the steps of adding value to your crop. Click the flyer below for more information.